Saturday, January 21, 2023

2017 - presently 2023 - Catch-up of the last 6 years, firstly 2017.

 Well 6 years has gone and we are enjoying life to the fullest degree!!

  In 2017 we sold our Mobile home, the whole rig actually, we are firmly ensconced in Campwin Beach.


We experienced cyclone Debbie in March, no damage for us but a big event, I have put a short video of it as it happened, taken from our front patio.

   In April there was a cancer council - Walk For Life Relay - in Sarina, I did the walk and raised about $500.00, it was a bit of fun and I did it for my Brother who last his life to bowel cancer.

Here I am on the day.

  In June we bought a new vehicle, Nissan Navara dual cab utility.

A photo of the old and the new in front of our house

Jim also got himself a tinnie, He had a great time fishing.

We discovered heaps of local wildlife, the annual whale migration goes past Campwin beach, that was really exciting, I took heaps of video and photos.

  Also, Turtles dig nests to lay their eggs later in the year from about November, I was very excited the first time I saw the tracks of them coming and going on the beach!!

Curlew and 2-day old chicks
   Another great sight were Curlew, when I saw the first set of chicks just recently hatched. They are a funny bird and highly protective of their young. they nest on the ground, so the eggs are lucky to hatch!

Life is Grand, ain't it!!

   I decided to have a party and invited all my newfound friends. I had a Kabab party, asked all to BYO drinks a kabab which I cooked for them. It was a great event, most of whom I invited came along, it was very crowded in the back patio. All was good though and everyone seemed to have a ball.

  That is our life experiences in 2017.  It was a great year and so many more good times to come. See you in 2018๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment!
Tell me what you think, have you been there? done it too?
Hows my blog? do you like it?? Give me a call, love to hear from you